Thank you for interest in sharing your writing with our readers. Here are a few guidelines to help you with your submission:
1. Length – aim for 800-1500 words for your post but we are flexible on this.
2. Author info – please submit a brief bio and headshot.
3. Graphics – send one only if you own the rights to it or know that it is marked as free to share. We reserve the right to sub out a different illustration.
4. Title – suggest one for your post but we may tweak it.
5. Social shares – we are on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram as Grown and Flown. We want to know if you are on social media and, if so, where can we find you? Please send us links to any and all and, if we publish your post, please share your writing from Grown and Flown and tag us so we can engage with your readers, too!
6. Original essays – we typically publish original content so please let us know if your post has appeared elsewhere. If you do publish a post we publish at a later date, please include these words and link: “This originally appeared on Grown and Flown. http://grownandflown.com.”
7. Idea for sharing G&F on your blog – we loved the way this blogger introduced her G&F post on her blog.
8. Newsletter – we send out a newsletter to our subscribers with the posts we publish and links to our favorite content that we have read elsewhere. Have you subscribed? Here’s how.